Sunday, November 15, 2015

Mariannie - Rorschach (EP)

Influenced by artists such as Janelle Monáe, The Weeknd and Banks, Mariannie Ompoc is a Philippine born, Canadian raised soul/R&B singer and songwriter who has proven to be a tenacious self-starter. Mariannie has sonically changed course with her sophomore EP aptly titled Rorschach, which she produced entirely by herself with the exception of "Cold As Ice", co-produced with Rabby Teng of One Ink Studios. With her signature vocal style and her thought-provoking lyricism, the insightful artist has applied her skills to a new sound. Mariannie's magnetic versatility shines through on Rorschach, with gems like the soulful "You’ll Save Me" and R&B driven "Like I Wanna". The unsparing "Cold as Ice" also reflects her flexibility to adapt and embrace experimentation with in the R&B genre, flowing seamlessly into a PBR&B themed cautionary lyric about love unrequited to its fullest.

Speaking on the release, says:

"There was a very long period of my life where I was in a dark place mentally. This EP is a reflection of that season, and I wanted to express myself as best as I could to somehow capture it in the form of sound, lyrics, and melodies. I was cooped up in my studio, and I was experimenting, and that’s all I wanted to do. These four songs came about an echo of that point in my life."

Stream the EP full below.







Purchase a copy of Mariannie's Rorschach EP on Bandcamp or iTunes.

For for more info. on Mariannie, please visit her website.
Also be sure to follow her on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment