Monday, October 19, 2015

Kaylee Johnston - Try

Introducing Vancouver-based singer/songwriter Kaylee Johnston, who has today unveiled her new single titled "Try", which serves as the second single following "Are You The One" to be taken from her forthcoming self-titled debut EP, scheduled for release in early 2016. The EP was produced and mixed by Steve Smith and Anthony Anderson of SA Trackworks and mastered by Tom Coynes (Beyonce, Taylor Swift).

Speaking on the track, Kaylee says:

"'Try' has an interesting story. I was going through a breakup and in an effort to get over the guy I was writing about 10 songs a week, just to get it all out of my system. This song kind of got lost in the process. I record all my demos on my iPhone, and when it came time to choose the songs for the album, I stumbled across it and was like, this isn't that bad. When I played it for my producers, they loved it. I was so blindsided when the relationship ended. I couldn't wrap my head around why he didn’t want to put the effort in to make it work, like I did. A big inspiration to the production was 'With or With Out You' by U2. I wanted the production to slowly grow but never get too out of control. I think it reflects the nostalgic tone of the song and lets the lyric and melody be the central focus."

Listen to "Try" below.



Premiere via PopMatters.

https://www.facebook.com/kayleejohnston

No comments:

Post a Comment